Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Dawn of A New Decade

"There is something about sunlight and its shadows on my wall, dancing around, that makes me so content. Those mornings are the greatest blessings, not to say the others aren’t. Each time I open my eyes to such beautifully lit mornings, I just can’t help but feel a rush that this light is more than a ray of the Sun, more than nature doing its job. Call me corny or naïve or crazy but if you ever watched “Into the Wild”, my favorite part is when the two men are on the mountains, talking, the old man hinting for Alexander to delay, even drop his little big journey to Alaska alone. He assumes that Alex had his share of troubles and loneliness back home, thus the call for the wild; however, as Alex denies any hard feelings he had in his past, Franz, the old man, quotes “When you forgive, you love. And when you love, God’s light shines upon you.” Instantly, the sun’s warmth and light peeks from the clouds. I found that part to be extremely symbolically beautiful and true, so to those who feel in need of forgiveness and mercy, there is proof everyday and every new morning that, yes, God’s love constantly renews itself. Just look outside your window. " Lilas Mia 

Happy One Year & One Week Anniversary to this post from my Tumblr :)

3 comments:

  1. Amazing how I'm reading this now, but the way my day has gone yesterday, which can't return but be guidance for days to come, you symbolically made a comparison physically and spiritually felt, as it was snowing rapidly all day yesterday, and I was in a state of restlessness, reading, working out, eating, anything to remain productive, I was quick to take a nap in the middle of the day looking forward to hit the road and come to New York today(but now I wont till Tom) anyways, something told me get some wood stacked to before my nieces get home from school, so I put music on blast dance my way to garage, as with each minute clouds clear and the raze from the sun softens against my skin and eyes making it bearable to look into the light, then the snow stops and its as spring pass for that moment, and in that moment nothing light of heavy happened or was said. But it FELT infinite. As my emotions went from I seen better days too no day can become better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you found a way to turn a potentially sucky day to a great one. Changing one's mindset about the simple things we overlook daily has a powerful effect, there really is so much to be grateful for, even the disguised "bad things." Watch "Into the Wild" when you get a chance or when you're snowed in!

    "The only difference between a good day and a bad day is YOUR attitude."

    ReplyDelete

Like? Dislike? Advice? Tell me !