Monday, November 25, 2013

Deep corners of my mind

From my old Tumblr, 2011-2012
Shortened but unedited; tempting as it was it shows me how much I've sorta kinda improved over the years

I miss really writing about what I feel, that was the point of this blog. I don’t care for followers or fame or fortune, more so than the feeling of putting my voice out there. I love writing, you should have seen how angry I get when technology gets the best of me and refreshes or doesn’t autosave automatically while I’m fumbling on my gmail or e-diary. It is a painful experience that I can never learn from.
I have been constantly dreaming about Madagascar this year; I say it’s a sign of my longing. It’s a regular dream now that I find myself completely lost and entranced in, never wanting to leave. Yesterday’s dream was as realistic as it got.. today’s wasn’t in my favor but that doesn’t matter as long as I got to see my cousins and family and dad again. In these dreams, I tell you, I feel bliss… happiness… ecstasy. Not the drug, I wouldn’t know, it’s just this calmness that transcends anything, especially it being a dream you would expect such a feeling but I got an “everything-is-going-to-be-okay-live-in-the-present” sense. My dreams are pretty lucid and vivid most of the time, I actually note some dreams down if I remember smelling, or seeing color or black and white, or hearing noises, or being able to feel or touch anything. I sound a bit coo-coo but there is something about dreams that I’m so grateful for because it’s somewhere I can just escape to. Sometimes it portrays the reality I wish to ignore and what my subconscious has been hindering; other times, I am able to fantasize and roam in my fantasy.
[...]
This can all be symbolic and go Google dream dictionary if you’d like but that’s no interest to me right now. I was happy and I miss my father, I miss my country, I miss being a bit younger and careless vacations where I didn’t have to work and would let my parents take care of traveling and forgetting when school starts. I miss when I thought I knew what I was doing and where I was going.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like? Dislike? Advice? Tell me !